To study in Canada, you will need to obtain a Canadian study permit, which is considered a Canadian student visa for the duration of your stay.

You do not need a Canadian study permit if your course or program lasts six months or less. However, you should apply for a permit before coming to

Canada anyway - otherwise, if you decide to continue your education in another program, you will have to leave Canada to apply for a study permit through visa Desk.

Once you have your Canadian study permit, you can apply to renew your permit from within Canada if you decide to continue your studies.

For full-time students enrolled in an accredited institution of higher education, the study permit also allows for part-time work on campus.

You can also work off-campus, work a co-op or internship as part of your program, stay in Canada as a permanent resident, or find work after you graduate.

You can apply for a Canadian Study Permit online or through a paper application, which can be obtained from the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) website.

Paper-based applications often take more than twice as long, and you should always check the processing time ahead of time.